This stunning piece is elegantly crafted in Sterling Silver and features the image of Lord Ganesha. Lord Ganesha, the elephant-headed Hindu deity, is the Son of Lord Shiva and Parvati. He is renowned for being the remover of obstacles in the lives of his devotees. He symbolises the consciousness that is omnipresent and He is the energy from which everything manifests and into which everything will dissolve. There is deep symbolic meaning to many of Lord Ganesha’s physical attributes and following are a few:
1) His big head represents vast knowledge and infinite wisdom. It is a reminder that we should always think big to progress in life.
2) His small eyes indicate having deeper concentration, focus and attention regarding the minute details of life.
3) His small mouth and large ears are a reminder that one must talk less and listen more.
4) His trunk depicts adaptability and utilising your talents to be efficient and successful in all that you do.
5) His big belly is a powerful reminder that you should practice accepting and digesting all that this life has to offer…to embrace the good, the bad and the ugly with open arms.
6) His single tusk indicates that we need to retain the good and abandon the bad from our lives.
7) His right hand holds the “Ankusa” (or hook) and in his left hand a “Paasa” (or noose). The hook is a reminder that we should be in control of our mind and thoughts, reining it all in with the help of the noose. This will lead to greater concentration and meditation.
8) In one of His lower hands, he carries a plate of Ladoo. This symbolises the sweet rewards we will earn traveling the path of enlightenment.
9) In the other lower hand, he hold a lotus (which is a symbolic flower that thrives in stagnant and murky water, yet rises above the water with purity). This is a powerful reminder that we should keep our minds and bodies unpolluted from the materialism and negative influences of the world.
10) He rides on the back of a mouse. The rat symbolises human desires and that it grows continuously. With the rat being at his feet at all times indicates that we should always ride on our desires in order to keep them under control at all times. It is a powerful reminder to keep all egos at bay and practice humility.
Wear this piece proudly as a mark of your faith, reassured in the knowledge that with God in your heart, you have the power within you to overcome all the obstacles along life's path...©
Sterling Silver Ganesha Pendant